- Course Code G013
- Duration 5 days
- Show all delivery types
- Class Connect HD
- Company Event
- Public Classroom
- Virtual Learning
Public Classroom Price
Request Group TrainingAdd to Cart
- Course Overview
- Course Schedule
- Target Audience
- Course Objectives
- Course Content
- Course Prerequisites
- Test Certification
- Follow on Courses
- Related Products
This course is available in the following formats:
Class Connect HD
Connect to a class in HD
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
The CompTIA Security+ course is designed to help you prepare for the SY0-601 exam.
The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques; participate in risk mitigation activities; and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
- Delivery Format: Virtual Learning
- Date: 30 January-03 February, 2023
- Language: Dutch
- Delivery Format: Virtual Learning
- Date: 17-21 April, 2023
View Entire Schedule Dates in Other Countries
We are gathering the data for this course from the other countries… this will take a little time… please be patient.
CompTIA Security+ is aimed at IT professionals with job roles such as security engineer, security consultant /specialist, information assurance technician, junior auditor / penetration tester, security administrator, systems administrator, and network administrator.
This course will teach you the fundamental principles of installing and configuring cybersecurity controls and participating in incident response and risk mitigation. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 exam by providing 100% coverage of the objectives and content examples listed on the syllabus. Study of the course can also help to build the prerequisites to study more advanced IT security qualifications, such as CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA)+, CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), and ISC’s CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional). On course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend them.
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
- Install and configure network- and host-based security technologies.
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
- Summarize application and coding vulnerabilities and identify development and deployment methods designed to mitigate them.
Module 1 / Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
- Indicators of Compromise • Why is Security Important? • Security Policy • Threat Actor Types • The Kill Chain • Social Engineering • Phishing • Malware Types • Trojans and Spyware • Open Source Intelligence • Labs • VM Orientation • Malware Types
- Critical Security Controls • Security Control Types • Defense in Depth • Frameworks and Compliance • Vulnerability Scanning and Pen Tests • Security Assessment Techniques • Pen Testing Concepts • Vulnerability Scanning Concepts • Exploit Frameworks • Lab • Using Vulnerability Assessment Tools
- Security Posture Assessment Tools • Topology Discovery • Service Discovery • Packet Capture •Packet Capture Tools • Remote Access Trojans • Honeypots and Honeynets • Labs • Using NetworkScanning Tools 1 • Using Network Scanning Tools 2 • Using Steganography Tools
- Incident Response • Incident Response Procedures • Preparation Phase • Identification Phase •Containment Phase • Eradication and Recovery Phases
Module 2 / Identity and Access Management
- Cryptography • Uses of Cryptography • Cryptographic Terminology and Ciphers • CryptographicProducts • Hashing Algorithms • Symmetric Algorithms • Asymmetric Algorithms • Diffie-Hellman and Elliptic Curve • Transport Encryption • Cryptographic Attacks • Lab • Implementing Public Key Infrastructure Public Key Infrastructure • PKI Standards • Digital Certificates • Certificate Authorities • Types of Certificate • Implementing PKI • Storing and Distributing Keys • Key Status and Revocation • PKI Trust Models • PGP / GPG • Lab • Deploying Certificates and Implementing Key Recovery
- Identification and Authentication • Access Control Systems • Identification • Authentication • LAN Manager / NTLM • Kerberos • PAP, CHAP, and MS-CHAP • Password Attacks • Token-based Authentication • Biometric Authentication • Common Access Card • Lab • Using Password Cracking Tools
Identity and Access Services • Authorization • Directory Services • RADIUS and TACACS+ •Federation and Trusts • Federated Identity Protocols
- Account Management • Formal Access Control Models • Account Types • Windows Active Directory • Creating and Managing Accounts • Account Policy Enforcement • Credential Management Policies • Account Restrictions • Accounting and Auditing • Lab • Using Account Management Tools
Module 3 / Architecture and Design (1)
- Secure Network Design • Network Zones and Segments • Subnetting • Switching Infrastructure • Switching Attacks and Hardening • Endpoint Security • Network Access Control • Routing Infrastructure • Network Address Translation • Software Defined Networking • Lab • Implementing a Secure Network Design
- Firewalls and Load Balancers • Basic Firewalls • Stateful Firewalls • Implementing a Firewall or Gateway • Web Application Firewalls • Proxies and Gateways • Denial of Service Attacks • Load Balancers • Lab • Implementing a Firewall
- IDS and SIEM • Intrusion Detection Systems • Configuring IDS • Log Review and SIEM • Data Loss Prevention • Malware and Intrusion Response • Lab • Using an Intrusion Detection System
- Secure Wireless Access • Wireless LANs • WEP and WPA • Wi-Fi Authentication • Extensible Authentication Protocol • Additional Wi-Fi Security Settings • Wi-Fi Site Security • Personal Area Networks
- Physical Security Controls • Site Layout and Access • Gateways and Locks • Alarm Systems • Surveillance • Hardware Security • Environmental Controls
Module 4 / Architecture and Design (2)
- Secure Protocols and Services • DHCP Security • DNS Security • Network Management Protocols • HTTP and Web Servers • SSL / TSL and HTTPS • Web Security Gateways • Email Services • S/MIME • File Transfer • Voice and Video Services • VoIP • Labs • Implementing Secure Network Addressing Services • Configuring a Secure Email Service
- Secure Remote Access • Remote Access Architecture • Virtual Private Networks • IPSec • Remote Access Servers • Remote Administration Tools • Hardening Remote Access Infrastructure • Lab • Implementing a Virtual Private Network
Secure Systems Design • Trusted Computing • Hardware / Firmware Security • Peripheral Device Security • Secure Configurations • OS Hardening • Patch Management • Embedded Systems • Security for Embedded Systems
- Secure Mobile Device Services • Mobile Device Deployments • Mobile Connection Methods • Mobile Access Control Systems • Enforcement and Monitoring
- Secure Virtualization and Cloud Services • Virtualization Technologies • Virtualization Security Best Practices • Cloud Computing • Cloud Security Best Practices
Module 5 / Risk Management
- Forensics • Forensic Procedures • Collecting Evidence • Capturing System Images • Handling andmAnalyzing Evidence • Lab • Using Forensic Tools
- Disaster Recovery and Resiliency • Continuity of Operations Plans • Disaster Recovery Planning • Resiliency Strategies • Recovery Sites • Backup Plans and Policies • Resiliency and Automation Strategies
- Risk Management • Business Impact Analysis • Identification of Critical Systems • Risk Assessment • Risk Mitigation
Secure Application Development • Application Vulnerabilities • Application Exploits • Web Browser Exploits • Secure Application Design • Secure Coding Concepts • Auditing Applications • Secure DevOps • Lab • Identifying a Man-in-the-Browser Attack
- Organizational Security • Corporate Security Policy • Personnel Management Policies • Interoperability Agreements • Data Roles • Data Sensitivity Labeling and Handling • Data Wiping and Disposal • Privacy and Employee Conduct Policies • Security Policy Training
Networking and administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as OS X, Unix, or Linux.
- G005 - CompTIA Network + Support Skills
CompTIA Security+ Certification
This courseware bears the seal of CompTIA Approved Quality Content. This seal signifies this content covers 100% of the exam objectives and implements important instructional design principles. CompTIA recommends multiple learning tools to help increase coverage of the learning objectives. The contents of this training material were created for the CompTIA Security+ Certification SY0-601 exam covering the 2021 Edition certification exam objectives.
Follow on CoursesTop
CEH- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker
GK9840- CISSP Certification Preparation
CISAU- CISA, Certified Information Systems Auditor
The following are recommended for further study:
- GK5867 - CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst
- G015 - CompTIA Pentest+
- GK2951 - CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) Complete Bundle + examen
- CompTIA Security (SY0-601)
- The CompTIA Security+ course is designed to help you prepare for the SY0-601 exam.
- Security, CompTIA, security+, CompTIA Security+, SY0-501, SY0-601, Cybersecurity, certificering, certificeringen, training, trainingen, cursus, cursussen, opleiding, opleidingen, educatie
- CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601)
- Cybersecurity Foundation & Awareness
- CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) | Global Knowledge